Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fear and Opportunity


I love my comfort zone. It's such a cozy place. When I am there, I know everything will be OK. I have large walls in place to keep me safe. My comfort zone is filled with baggy clothes, tacos, and low expectations.

Nothing hurts me there, but nothing really great happens there either.

Great things require me to leave the safety of my comfort zone.

I left it a few years ago when I decided to go back to school. Sometimes I think that I'm nuts to juggle a house, a family, and a challenging course load. It doesn't matter though, because that hunch I've had for years was dead on. I was meant to be a nurse.

I love my new life and my new career path. I love sitting in that classroom learning all kinds of amazingly complex things about the human body. I find my clinical experiences to be pure joy. I leave the hospital after each clinical day exhausted, but with a huge smile on my face. I am where I am supposed to be.

Nursing school is amazing...and completely out of my comfort zone.

This blog is another step out of my comfort zone. I would like to say that posting my starting weight to all of you was the scariest thing ever. It wasn't. The truly scary thing is knowing that if I don't see this thing all the way through, I will basically fail in front of the entire world (or the very tiny fraction of it that actually reads my blog). I did it anyway. This blog is my accountability. I also hope that it will eventually serve as inspiration for others on the same long journey.

This blog is definitely not in my comfort zone.

I'm doing one more thing that is not in my comfort zone.

I decided to become a Team Beachbody Coach. If you have been reading this blog, then you know that I owe a good portion of my success to good nutrition and an excellent exercise program. The nutrition comes from drinking Beachbody's Shakeology every day and the exercise program is from Beachbody too. Most people are familiar with Beachbody through infomercials. p90x, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift, and TurboFire are just a few of the awesome programs Beachbody has to offer.

This is the first time that I have followed an exercise program instead of just winging it myself. My results have been amazing!

Beachbody also has a network marketing program called Team Beachbody. I can use word of mouth advertising to share the offerings of the company that is literally changing my life and be paid for my efforts. I am on a team of hundreds of Independent Team Beachbody coaches that support and encourage each other. There are many people on the team making over $1000 a week!

That's why I am leaving my comfort zone and once again try something new. You see, we also have a family goal to have my husband leave his job as a tugboat captain and be able to go to nursing school instead. To achieve that goal we need to save about $50,000. Yes, you read that correctly $50,000.

As a independent Team Beachbody Coach, I can achieve our financial goals while achieving my weight loss goals. My success story is my own ongoing personal testimonial to the quality of Beachbody offerings. My role as an Coach is to inspire and encourage others to achieve their own goals.

One of the best things that Team Beachbody Coaches do for others is host challenge
groups.

Challenge groups are small groups of people committed to improving their health through fitness and excellent nutrition. I am very excited to be preparing to host my first challenge group! This is a results oriented group with lots of personal attention, so there will be a strict limit of five participants. I will be posting details and accepting participants starting on Saturday so check back soon!

If you would like information on Beachbody products, the Team Beachbody income opportunity, or would like me send info on the challenge group to your inbox, please leave a comment or email me at kimgetsfit@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment